London, England EC3
|Designed by||Sir Christopher Wren|
|Maximum height||202 feet/61 meters|
- Architect: Sir Christopher Wren
- Architect: Robert Hooke
- The fire of 1666 destroyed 13,200 homes
- The fire left 70,000 people homeless -- about 87% of London's population at the time.
- The fire destroyed 87 churches
- The 2009 renovation cleaned the exterior stonework, replaced the safety enclosure on the public viewing deck, and added a camera to the top of the column.
- 1671: Construction began.
- 1677: Construction ended
- August, 2007: The Monument closed for renovation.
- February, 2009: The Monument reopened to the public after a £4,500,000 renovation.