London Natural History Museum
London, England SW7
- Photograph London Tourist Board
|Designed by||Captain Francis Fowke, but executed by Alfred Waterhouse|
- 1864: A competition is held to find an architect for the museum.
- 1873: Construction begins.
- 1880: Construction ends.
- 1880: Exhibits are brought over from the British Museum.
- 1881: The museum opens to the public.
- 1883: The last exhibits are brought over from the British Museum.
- 1963: The Natural History Museum becomes it's own entity, distinct from the British Museum.
- 1988: A gallery is built between the Natural History Museum and the Geology Museum, linking the buildings and merging the institutions.